Marion Tailgate Market
Welcome to the 13th Annual Historic Marion Tailgate Market (HMTM)!! Thank you for your support and continued interest.
Since beginning in 2007 the market has been a success. The local agricultural movement continues to grow, and so does the demand for fresh locally grown products.
Tuesday afternoons (3.00 pm - 6.00 pm, May - December)
Saturday mornings (9.00 am - 12.00 noon, May-October)
Historic Marion Tailgate Market is a grower-certified market that provides community access to the freshest, best quality foods available anywhere. We value family farms, endorse sustainable production practices and innovation, contribute to the health and prosperity of the local community and support the creation of a local food economy.
- Create a viable retail market for locally produced products and value-added products;
- Create opportunities for small and mid-size family farms to engage profitably in production agriculture;
- Improve public health through increased availability and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Reduce hunger and food insecurity in McDowell County;
- Strengthen the social fabric of the community by building awareness and appreciation for local agriculture;
- Enhance tourism and retail trade in Downtown Marion through spillover of market shoppers;
- Foster entrepreneurial opportunities for small home-based business owners and youth.